
Today was one of those beautiful Spring days that make me so happy to live in New England. The air was balmy and just this side of hot. We did lots of work around the house today, painting the front walk rail, rearranging the toy room, and getting ready to paint the house soon. Fran was not feeling very well today, so we had a "nest" day that she really enjoyed in her new room down cellar. She spent most of her day reading there. We measured her window for the new curtains we're going to sew. We found some beautiful fabric hidden in the sewing drawer that has just the color yellow of her walls in it. She is thrilled! Will got in on some of the sewing, too, as we made his Imaginext Knights some capes....he's given the knights powers similar to those of the Lego Knights, but there is another Knight with the power of flight. His imagination is boundless! There will be more sewing tomorrow, I'm sure, as I'm a little tired of our living room pillows and have some pretty pink fabric to recover them. It always happens.....we take the sewing machine out, and we come up with more projects!
Will and I continued reading the Island of Doom Bionicle Book.....I have a hard time keeping all of the names straight, but at least I've fiugured out who the good guys and bad guys are (pretty good, eh?) Fran has already read this one, so she's just waiting for us to finish so she and Will can talk about the ending!! She started the 6th Harry Potter today....she's already read it before, but I notice she's reading a lot of old favorites lately. I'm always amazed at the different things she takes away from the book at different ages....maybe noticing things that she hadn't before. CC and I read the Margaret Wise Brown books (The Runaway Bunny, Goodnight Moon, and The Big Red barn) that Gran gave to Grace last weekend. Grace enjoyed chewing them and I think CC has them memorized already!
My favorite part of the day was watching CC and Will in the wading pool that I had filled with water last week. They decided it should be a mud bath, and promptly filled it with dirt and sand. Of course the Island of Voya Nui was in there somewhere, and CC knew the muddy water was extra good for the garden! Fran and Grace and I sat and watched the show.....Will with mud on his head doing the hula was the highlight, with CC running after him with the hose because he was dirty!..... Belly laughs!! That's a day in the life of us......

No comments:
Post a Comment